A postpartum doula helps a family to transition to life with their new being (or beings!) by providing up to date evidence based information on a variety of parenting subjects such as sleep, newborn care, skin to skin contact, breastfeeding, and babywearing.
Your postpartum doula can also help by assisting with daily activities such as:
- newborn care – different than a nanny as doulas only assist temporarily or to educate about newborn care
- tidy up a room in the house
- help with siblings
- meal planning and preparation
- help with appointments or errands
- animal care (taking fido for a quick walk or making sure the animals have fresh food and water)
A postpartum doula cand also provide a list of resources such as breastfeeding support, mothering groups, specialized support groups, referrals to speciality providers such as pelvic floor, therapists, chiropractor, pediatric dentists or ENTs.
Postpartum support beginning at $35/hour with a 4 hour block minimum depending on distance traveled. I do not provide overnight postpartum support at this time.